Bipyridyl/carbazolate silver(I) and gold(I) N-heterocyclic carbene complexes: A systematic study of geometric constraints and electronic properties
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Bipyridyl/carbazolate silver(I) and gold(I) N-heterocyclic carbene complexes: A systematic study of geometric constraints and electronic properties
- Das Adhikary, Sirsendu; Mondal, Ambarish; Kisan, Hemanta K.; Bielawski, Christopher W.; Dinda, Joydev
- Issue Date
- APPLIED ORGANOMETALLIC CHEMISTRY, v.34, no.2
- A series of silver(I) and gold(I) carbene complexes of the type [M(L)(2,2 '-bipyridine)][PF6] (L = 1-benzyl-3-(2-pyridylmethyl)benzimidazolylidene; M = Ag (1); M = Au (3)) and [M(L)(carbazole)] (M = Ag (2); M = Au (4)) were synthesized and analyzed using a range of spectroscopic and crystallographic techniques. Inspection of the solid-state structures of 1, 2 and 4 revealed a number of intermolecular noncovalent interactions. In the solid-state structure adopted by 1, pi-pi and Ag-Ag interactions directed the complexes to orient in a head-to-tail fashion. The photophysical properties were found to be influenced by the ancillary ligands in solution as well as in the solid-state. Calculations were performed to support the aforementioned structural and optoelectronic assignments.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.