Trivalent copper and indium heterometallic complex with dithiocarbamate and iodide ligands
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Trivalent copper and indium heterometallic complex with dithiocarbamate and iodide ligands
- Lee, Hyun-Jong; Jung, Seonho; Cha, Ji-Hyun; Nam, Dongsik; Choe, Wonyoung; Jung, Duk-Young
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR STRUCTURE, v.1204, pp.127478
- The heterometallic Cu–In complex salt [Cu(III) (dtc)2][In(III)I4](1) (dtc = S2CNEt2, diethyldithiocarbamate) was prepared by reactions of Cu(II) (dtc)2 and In(III)I3 in benzene solution. As a redox reaction, Cu(II) (dtc)2 was oxidized to [Cu(III) (dtc)2]+, and In(III)I3 was changed to [In(III)I4]−. The square−planar Cu(III)S4 local symmetry of 1 involves a distorted octahedral coordination environment via long−range intermolecular interactions and represents a new one-dimensional structure of [Cu(III) (dtc)2]+ units. The crystal packing system of 1 consists of many [Cu(III) (dtc)2]+ chains surrounded by six parallel chains without solvent molecules. The infrared spectra of 1 showed a higher-frequency C–N thioureide bond in Cu(III) (dtc)2 than that of pristine Cu(II) (dtc)2, which has a lower oxidation state due to the Cu(II) center.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.