Synthesis and characterization of a bis-methanofullerene-4-nitro-alpha-cyanostilbene dyad as a potential acceptor for high-performance polymer solar cells
Cited 13 times inCited 12 times in
- Synthesis and characterization of a bis-methanofullerene-4-nitro-alpha-cyanostilbene dyad as a potential acceptor for high-performance polymer solar cells
- Kim, Boram; Yeom, Hye Rim; Choi, Won-Youl; Kim, Jin Young; Yang, Changduk
- 4-Nitro-α-cyanostilbene; bis-Adduct; bis-PCBM; Dyad; Methanofullerene
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- TETRAHEDRON, v.68, no.33, pp.6696 - 6700
- We report the synthesis, characterization, and electrochemical properties of bis-PCBM dyad containing 4-nitro-alpha-cyanostilbene units for potential usage in efficient organic solar cells. The bis-PCBM dyad is fully characterized by NMR, UV-vis absorption, and electrochemical cyclic voltammetry. It is found that the presence of 4-nitro-alpha-cyanostilbenes affects the cyclic voltammetry and absorption spectrum very little. Whereas the 56 Pi-electron system in the bis-functionalized fullerene cage significantly influences on the electrochemical and photophysical properties, resulting in up-shifted LUMO and wider absorption compared to PCBM. Although the efficiencies of both conventional and the inverted cells based on P3HT/bis-PCBM dyad as the preliminary results are low in comparison with the optimized high-performance PSCs, it is believed that the efficiency would be improved through successful device optimization of P3HT/bis-PCBM dyad cells.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.