Flow-enhanced electrochemical immunosensors on centrifugal microfluidic platforms
Cited 2 times inCited 1 times in
- Flow-enhanced electrochemical immunosensors on centrifugal microfluidic platforms
- Kim, Tae-Hyeong; Abi-Samra, Kameel; Sunkara, Vijaya; Park, Dong-Kyu; Amasia, Mary; Kim, Nahui; Kim, Jintae; Kim, Hanshin; Madou, Mark; Cho, Yoon-Kyoung
- ELECTROPHORESIS CHIPS; IMMUNOASSAYS; DNA; DETECTORS; ANALYZER; PROTEIN; DEVICE; BLOOD; SERUM; LAB
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- LAB ON A CHIP, v.13, no.18, pp.3747 - 3754
- We present a novel fully integrated centrifugal microfluidic device with features for target antigen capture from biological samples, via a bead-based enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay, and flow-enhanced electrochemical detection. The limit of detection (LOD) of our device for the C-reactive protein (CRP) was determined to be 4.9 pg mL-1, a 17-fold improvement over quantification by optical density. The complete sample-to-answer protocol of our device is fully automated and takes less than 20 min. Overall, the presented microfluidic disc adds to the comparatively small number of fully integrated microfluidic-based platforms that utilize electrochemical detection and exemplifies how electrochemical detection can be enhanced by flow to successfully detect very low levels of biomarkers (e.g. pg mL-1).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.