Tidal deformability of neutron stars with realistic nuclear energy density functionals
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Tidal deformability of neutron stars with realistic nuclear energy density functionals
- Kim, Young-Min; Lim, Yeunhwan; Kwak, Kyujin; Hyun, Chang Ho; Lee, Chang-Hwan
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW C, v.98, no.6, pp.065805
- We investigate the constraints on the mass and radius of neutron stars by considering the tidal deformability in the merge of neutron star binaries. We employ models based on the Skyrme force and density-functional theory and select models that are consistent with empirical data of finite nuclei, measured properties of nuclear matter around the saturation density, and observation of the maximum mass of neutron stars. From the selected models, we calculate the Love number k(2), dimensionless tidal deformability Lambda, and mass-weighted deformability (Lambda) over tilde in the binary system. We find that all the models considered in this work give (Lambda) over tilde less than 800, which is the constraint obtained from the measurement of GW170817. The results from our models show a relationship between A and radius (Lambda similar to R-7.5) for a neutron star with a fixed mass of 1.4M(circle dot), which is consistent with the recent statistical analyses.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.