Examining Leader-Member Exchange as a Moderator of the Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Creativity of Software Developers
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Examining Leader-Member Exchange as a Moderator of the Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Creativity of Software Developers
- Lee, Kyootai; Scandura, Terry; Kim, Youngkyun; Joshi, Kailash; Lee, Jooyeoun
- Issue Date
- CANADIAN CENTER OF SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT RESEARCH, v.1, no.1, pp.15 - 28
- This paper investigates how leader-member exchange (LMX) and emotional intelligence (EI) are associated with employees’ creativity in high-tech firms. We develop a model that considers LMX and EI as predictors of creativity with LMX as a boundary condition for the relationship between EI and creativity. Results reveal that LMX is a strong predictor of creativity. However, EI does not directly affect creativity. More interestingly, the interaction between EI and LMX negatively influences creativity such that EI is detrimental for creativity only when LMX is high. Thus, the role of LMX for employees’ creativity may be paradoxical. Further, the positive role of EI reported in current literature may be overly simplistic, and its role may be contingent on the quality of LMX and the other context.
- Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.