TSV Geometrical Variations and Optimization Metric with Repeaters for 3D IC
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- TSV Geometrical Variations and Optimization Metric with Repeaters for 3D IC
- Nguyen, Hung Viet; Ryu, Myunghwan; Kim, Youngmin
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRONICS, v.E95C, no.12, pp.1864 - 1871
- This paper evaluates the impact of Through-Silicon Via (TSV) on the performance and power consumption of 3D circuitry. The physical and electrical model of TSV which considers the coupling effects with adjacent TSVs is exploited in our investigation. Simulation results show that the overall performance of 3D IC infused with TSV can be improved noticeably. The frequency of the ring oscillator in 4-tier stacking layout soars up to two times compared with one in 2D planar. Furthermore, TSV process variations are examined by Monte Carlo simulations to figure out the geometrical factor having more impact in manufacturing. An in-depth research on repeater associated with TSV offers a metric to compute the optimization of 3D systems integration in terms of performance and energy dissipation. By such optimization metric with 45 nm MOSFET used in our circuit layout, it is found that the optimal number of tiers in both performance and power consumption approaches 4 since the substantial TSV-TSV coupling effect in the worst case of interference is expected in 3D IC.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.