High-performance electrothermal and anticorrosive transparent heating stickers
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- High-performance electrothermal and anticorrosive transparent heating stickers
- Lee, Kangmin; Park, Jeonghwan; Kim, Hyungwoo; Park, Han-Saem; Song, Hyun-Kon; Kim, Ka-Hyun; Seo, Kwanyong
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.6, no.25, pp.11790 - 11796
- In this study, the fabrication of a high-performance electrothermal and anticorrosive transparent heating sticker employing a novel Ni/Ag hybrid microgrid electrode is reported. The proposed sticker not only exhibits an excellent optoelectronic performance (a sheet resistance of 4.3 Ω sq−1 at a transmittance of 96%) but also has a uniform heat distribution over its entire area owing to the electrical uniformity of the honeycomb-structured microgrid electrode. The transparent heating sticker reveals outstanding thermal and chemical stability with no electrode damage even in harsh environments such as high temperatures (300 °C) and atmospheres containing sulfur in excess, due to the anti-corrosion properties of nickel (Ni). The transparent heating sticker also exhibits a high saturation temperature of over 100 °C even at a low operating voltage (5 V) because highly thermally/electrically conductive silver (Ag) is employed as a base electrode material underneath Ni. Furthermore, a successful defogging test is demonstrated with an automobile side-view mirror using the transparent heating sticker, confirming its practical applicability. Accordingly, the proposed transparent heating sticker presents a unique opportunity for developing transparent heaters with superior chemical stability and a high electrothermal performance.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.