Metabolic engineering of Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B for the production of 1,3-propanediol from glucose
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Metabolic engineering of Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B for the production of 1,3-propanediol from glucose
- Lama, Suman; Seol, Eunhee; Park, Sunghoon
- Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B; Glucose; Glycerol; 1,3-PDO
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- BIORESOURCE TECHNOLOGY, v.245, no., pp.1542 - 1550
- The production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) from glucose was investigated using Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B, which converts glycerol to 1,3-PDO and synthesize an essential coenzyme B12. In order to connect the glycolytic pathway with the pathway of 1,3-PDO synthesis from glycerol, i.e., to directly produce diol from glucose, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and glycerol-3-phosphate phosphatase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae were overexpressed. Additionally, the effect of expression levels and the use of isoforms of these two enzymes on glycerol and 1,3-PDO production were studied. Furthermore, to prevent loss of produced glycerol, the glycerol oxidation pathways were disrupted. Finally, the conversion rate of glycerol to 1,3-PDO was increased via homologous overexpression of glycerol dehydratase and 1,3-PDO oxidoreductase. The resultant strain successfully produced 1,3-PDO from glucose at a yield of 0.27mol/mol along with glycerol at 0.52mol/mol. Improvement of the engineered K. pneumoniae J2B to further increase conversion of glycerol to 1,3-PDO is discussed.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.