Enhancement of Light Absorption in Photovoltaic Devices using Textured Polydimethylsiloxane Stickers
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Enhancement of Light Absorption in Photovoltaic Devices using Textured Polydimethylsiloxane Stickers
- Hwang, Inchan; Choi, Deokjae; Lee, Sojeong; Seo, Ji Hoon; Kim, Ka-Hyun; Yoon, Ilsung; Seo, Kwanyong
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.9, no.25, pp.21276 - 21282
- We designed and fabricated a random-size inverted-pyramid-structured polydimethylsiloxane (RSIPS-PDMS) sticker to enhance the light absorption of solar cells and thus increase their efficiency. The fabricated sticker was laminated onto bare-glass and crystalline-silicon (c-Si) surfaces; consequently, low solar-weighted reflectance values were obtained for these surfaces (6.88% and 17.2%, respectively). In addition, we found that incident light was refracted at the PDMS-air interface of each RSIPS, which redirected the incident power and significantly increased the optical path length in the RSIPS-PDMS sticker which was 14.7% greater than that in a flat-PDMS sticker. Moreover, we investigated power reflection and propagation through the RSIPS-PDMS sticker using a finite-difference time-domain method. By attaching an RSIPS-PDMS sticker onto both an organic solar cell (OSC) based on a glass substrate and a c-Si solar cell, the power conversion efficiency of the OSC and the c-Si solar cell were increased from 8.57% to 8.94% and from 16.2% to 17.9%, respectively. Thus, the RSIPS-PDMS sticker is expected to be universally applicable to the surfaces of solar cells to enhance their light absorption.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.