High-frequency testing of vertical interconnection array using indirect contact probing method with an improved calibration
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- High-frequency testing of vertical interconnection array using indirect contact probing method with an improved calibration
- Jeong, Jongwoo; Kim, Jingook; Kang, No-Weon; Han, Ki Jin
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMPONENTS PACKAGING AND MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY, v.6, no.11, pp.1638 - 1647
- As a solution to the need for efficient characterization of the vertical interconnection array, this paper presents an indirect contact probing method, adopting a dielectric contactor. The dielectric contactor protects vertical interconnections, resolves the issue of probe misalignments, and increases the coupling between probe tips and devices under test (DUTs). The characterization procedure is composed of the extraction of the dielectric contactor characteristic, the indirect contact measurement of DUTs, and de-embedding to obtain the DUT characteristics. To realize the multiport measurement, we propose an approximate method to formulate the scattering matrix of the dielectric contactor. For the design of calibration vias, the coaxial transmission line model with lumped elements is used, enhancing the available bandwidth of measurement. To verify the proposed method, a two-port network of two vias is characterized by numerical simulations up to 20 GHz. With the presented measurement setup, three cases of two vias are characterized up to 12 GHz. For the testing approach, DUTs containing open and short defects are fully tested by observing impedance curves up to 20 GHz.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.