Ferroelectric Tunnel Junction for Dense Cross-Point Arrays
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Ferroelectric Tunnel Junction for Dense Cross-Point Arrays
- Lee, Hong-Sub; Han, Wooje; Chung, Hee-Yoon; Rozenberg, Marcelo; Kim, Kangsik; Lee, Zonghoon; Yeom, Geun Young; Park, Hyung-Ho
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.7, no.40, pp.22348 - 22354
- Cross-point array (CPA) structure memories using a memristor are attracting a great deal of attention due to their high density integration with a 4F(2) cell. However, a common significant drawback of the CPA configuration is crosstalk between cells. To date, the CPA structure using a redox-based memristor has restrictions to minimize the operating current level due to their resistive switching mechanism. This study demonstrates suitable characteristics of a ferroelectric tunnel junction (FTJ) for the memristor of the CPA structure using an electrostatic model. From the FTJ of the Au/p-type Pr0.98Ca0.02MnO3 (4 nm)/ BaTiO3 (4.3 nm)/n-type Ca0.98Pr0.02MnO3 (3 nm)/ Pt(111) structure, which has a higher and thicker potential barrier, a good memristive effect for the CPA structure with a high nonlinear current-voltage curve and low current operation, was obtained by Delta Fowler-Nordheim tunneling with effectively blocked direct tunneling and thermionic emission. The FTJ demonstrated reduced sneak current and the possible for high nonlinearity.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.