Overexpression of phospholipase C-gamma 1 in rat 3Y1 fibroblast cells leads to malignant transformation
Cited 47 times inCited 49 times in
- Overexpression of phospholipase C-gamma 1 in rat 3Y1 fibroblast cells leads to malignant transformation
- Chang, Jong-Soo; Noh, Dong Young; Park, In Ae; Kim, Myung Jong; Song, Hebok; Ryu, Sung Ho; Suh, Pann-Ghill
- Issue Date
- AMER ASSOC CANCER RESEARCH
- CANCER RESEARCH, v.57, no.24, pp.5465 - 5468
- Phospholipase C-gamma 1 (PLC-gamma l) mediates signals from various extracellular origins to evoke cellular events such as mitogenesis. Previously, we reported that PLC-gamma 1 was highly expressed in colorectal cancer and familial adenomatous polyposis, suggesting that PLC-gamma 1 might be oncogenic. In this study, we have established rat 3Y1 fibroblasts that overexpress whole PLC-gamma 1 and src homology 2 (SH2)-SH2-SH3 domain of PLC-gamma 1. These cells showed a transformed phenotype and were tumorigenic when transplanted into nude mice. These results indicate that overexpression of PLC-gamma 1 could transform rat fibroblasts, and the transformation is mediated by SH2-SH2-SH3 domain of PLC-gamma 1
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.