The mechanism of phospholipase C-gamma 1 regulation
Cited 48 times inCited 0 times in
- The mechanism of phospholipase C-gamma 1 regulation
- Kim, Myung Jong; Kim, Euikyung; Ryu, Sung Ho; Suh, Pann-Ghill
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MED BIOCHEMISTRY MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- EXPERIMENTAL AND MOLECULAR MEDICINE, v.32, no.3, pp.101 - 109
- Phospholipase C (PLC)(1) hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate to generate the second messengers, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) and diacylglycerol (DAG). IP3 induces a transient increase in intracellular free Ca2+, while DAG directly activates protein kinase C. Upon stimulation of cells with growth factors, PLC-gamma 1 is activated upon their association with and phosphorylation by receptor and non-receptor tyrosine kinases. In this review, we will focus on the activation mechanism and regulatory function of PLC-gamma 1
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.