PROMOTER REGION OF THE RAT PHOSPHOLIPASE C-GAMMA-1 GENE
Cited 9 times inCited 5 times in
- PROMOTER REGION OF THE RAT PHOSPHOLIPASE C-GAMMA-1 GENE
- Lee, Seung-Jae; Ryu, Sung Ho; Suh, Pann-Ghill
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS, v.194, no.1, pp.294 - 300
- We have cloned the upstream region of the rat phospholipase C-γ1 gene andcharacterized its promoter activity. The 5′-upstream sequence is highly rich in GC, enriched with CpG dinucleotides and lacks a TATA motif. This sequence also contains many putative binding sites for regulatory proteins. Primer extension and RNase protection assay demonstrated a single transcriptional start site located at 103 nucleotides upstream of the ATG start codon. The transcriptional activities of various 5′-deleted fragments, fused with chloramphenicol acetyltransferase gene, were examined after transfection into C2C12 myoblast. Multiple positive and negative regulatory sites were observed. © 1993 Academic Press. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.