Candidates for topological insulators: Pb-based chalcogenide series
Cited 37 times inCited 35 times in
- Candidates for topological insulators: Pb-based chalcogenide series
- Jin, Hosub; Song, Jung-Hwan; Freeman, Arthur J; Kanatzidis, Mercouri G
- HGTE QUANTUM-WELLS; SINGLE DIRAC CONE; PLANE-WAVE METHOD; SURFACE; APPROXIMATION; PHASE
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.83, no., pp.041202 -
- We theoretically predict that the series of Pb-based layered chalcogenides, PbnBi2Sen+3and PbnSb2Ten+3, are possible new candidates for topological insulators, and the topological phases are changed from a topological insulator to a band insulator with increasing n. Among the new topological insulators, we found a large bulk band gap of 0.40 eV in PbBi2Se4, and that of Pb2Sb2Te5 is located near the phase boundary between a trivial and a nontrivial topological insulator, which raises the possibility of tuning the topological phase by changing the external parameters.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.