Low-Temperature Solution-Processed Flexible Organic Solar Cells with PFN/AgNWs Cathode
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Low-Temperature Solution-Processed Flexible Organic Solar Cells with PFN/AgNWs Cathode
- Seo, Ji Hoon; Um, Han-Don; Shukla, Atul; Hwang, Inchan; Park, Juyun; Kang, Yong-Cheol; Kim, Chang Su; Song, Myungkwan; Seo, Kwanyong
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- NANO ENERGY, v.16, pp.122 - 129
- We report on highly efficient flexible inverted organic solar cells (IOSCs) fabricated by low-temperature solution process on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) substrate. In general, IOSCs have been required to use an annealed (>200 degrees C) zinc oxide (ZnO) as an electron transport layer. However, any twisting of the flexible substrate during heat treatment leads to poor device performance. To overcome this issue, we developed a novel low temperature process for flexible IOSCs using an alcohol-/water-soluble conjugated polymer, namely poly [(9,9-bis(3'-(N, N-dimethylamino) propyl)-2,7-fluorene)-alt-2,7-(9,9-dioctylfluorene)] (PFN) instead of the ZnO. Using this low-temperature process, we successfully demonstrate highly efficient flexible IOSCs that are proven to be capable of the power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 6.17% which retain 96% of its efficiency at a bending radius of R approximate to 5 mm or less. To the best of our knowledge, this PCE 6.17% is the best result among the reported values so far for flexible OSCs fabricated on PET substrate. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.