A Low Dark Current CMOS Image Sensor Pixel with a Photodiode Structure Enclosed by P-well
Cited 3 times inCited 8 times in
- A Low Dark Current CMOS Image Sensor Pixel with a Photodiode Structure Enclosed by P-well
- Han, Sang-Wook; Kim, Seong-Jin; Yoon, Euisik
- Issue Date
- IEEK PUBLICATION CENTER
- JOURNAL OF SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE, v.5, no.2, pp.102 - 106
- A low dark current CMOS image sensor pixel which can be easily implemented using a standard CMOS technology without any process modification is presented. Dark current is mainly generated from the interface region between the shallow trench isolation (STI) and the active region. The proposed pixel can reduce dark current by separating the STI region from a photodiode, using a simple layout modification to enclose the photodiode junction with the P-well. A test sensor array has been fabricated using 0.18 mum standard CMOS process and its performance characterised. The dark current of the proposed pixel has been measured as 0.93fA/pixel, which is by a factor of two smaller than that of the conventional design
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.