High carrier mobility in transparent Ba1− xLaxSnO3 crystals with a wide band gap
Cited 34 times inCited 27 times in
- High carrier mobility in transparent Ba1− xLaxSnO3 crystals with a wide band gap
- Luo, X; Oh, Yoon Seok; Sirenko, A; Gao, P; Tyson, TA; Char, K; Cheong, SW
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.100, no.17, pp.172112
- We discovered that perovskite (Ba,La)SnO 3 can have excellent carrier mobility even though its band gap is large. The Hall mobility of Ba 0.98La 0.02SnO 3 crystals with the n-type carrier concentration of ∼8-10 × 10 19cm -3 is found to be ∼103 cm 2 V -1 s -1 at room temperature, and the precise measurement of the band gap δ of a BaSnO 3 crystal shows δ = 4.05 eV, which is significantly larger than those of other transparent conductive oxides. The high mobility with a wide band gap indicates that (Ba,La)SnO 3 is a promising candidate for transparent conductor applications and also epitaxial all-perovskite multilayer devices. © 2012 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.