XAS characterization of a Nitridoiron(IV) complex with a very short fe-n bond
Cited 36 times inCited 35 times in
- XAS characterization of a Nitridoiron(IV) complex with a very short fe-n bond
- Rohde, Jan-Uwe; Betley, Theodore A.; Jackson, Timothy A.; Saouma, Caroline T.; Peters, Jonas C.; Que, Lawrence, Jr.
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.46, no.14, pp.5720 - 5726
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy has been used to characterize the novel nitridoiron(IV) units in two [PhBP3R]Fe(N) complexes (R = iPr and CyCH2) and obtain direct spectroscopic evidence for a very short Fe-N distance. The distance of 1.51-1.55 A reflects the presence of an FeN triple bond in accord with the observed FeN vibration observed for one of these species (nu(FeN) = 1034 cm(-1)). This highly covalent bonding interaction results in the appearance of an unusually intense pre-edge peak, whose estimated area of 100(20) units is much larger than those of the related tetrahedral complexes with Fe-I-N-2-Fe-I, Fe-II-NPh2, and Fe(III)NAd motifs, and those of recently described six-coordinate (FeN)-N-V and (FeN)-N-VI complexes. The observation that the Fe-IV-N distances of two [PhBP3R]Fe(N) complexes are shorter than the Fe-IV-O bond lengths of oxoiron(IV) complexes may be rationalized on the basis of the greater pi basicity of the nitrido ligand than the oxo ligand and a lower metal coordination number for the Fe(N) complex
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.