Singular perturbation analysis of time dependent convection-diffusion equations in a circle
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Singular perturbation analysis of time dependent convection-diffusion equations in a circle
- Hong, Youngjoon; Jung, Chang-Yeol; Temam, Roger
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- NONLINEAR ANALYSIS-THEORY METHODS & APPLICATIONS, v.119, pp.127 - 148
- We study singularly perturbed time dependent convection-diffusion equations in a circular domain. Considering suitable compatibility conditions, we present convergence results and provide as well approximation schemes and error estimates. To resolve the oscillations of classical numerical solutions due to the stiffness of our problem, we construct, via a specific boundary layer analysis, the so-called boundary layer elements which absorb the boundary layer singularities. Using a P1 classical finite element space enriched with the boundary layer elements, we obtain an accurate numerical solution using a quasi-uniform mesh, that is without refinement of the mesh in the boundary layer. ⓒ 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.