Physical analysis and design of resonant plasma-wave transistors for terahertz emitters
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Physical analysis and design of resonant plasma-wave transistors for terahertz emitters
- Park, Jong Yul; Kim, Sung-Ho; Hong, Sung-Min; Kim, Kyung Rok
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON TERAHERTZ SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, v.5, no.2, pp.244 - 250
- In this work, we performed physical analysis of resonant plasma-wave transistors (PWTs) for terahertz (THz) emitters. Through the analytical decomposition of plasma-waves into upstream and downstream focusing on the different phase velocity, we show that the reflection coefficient is over unity and newly introduce the PWT design window based on a simple 2-D plot, which can provide both the maximum channel length (Lmax) and operation frequency. By our design window analysis, strained silicon channel with a momentum relaxation time of 50-160 fs (i.e., channel mobility 500-1500 cm2/Vs) show technology-compatible Lmax as 12-40 nm with a tunable resonance frequency of 2-10 THz. © 2015 IEEE
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.