Predictions of frame compliance and apex morphology in sharp nanoindentations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Predictions of frame compliance and apex morphology in sharp nanoindentations
- Kim, Ki-Bok; Lee Yun-Hee; Kim, Yongil; Park, Jongseo; Ahn, Seung-min; Kim, Ju-Young
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESSING, v.38, pp.342 - 345
- If all components in a nanoindentation system are well calibrated and a reference material has unique hardness, H and reduced modulus, E r independent of the indentation depths, the load, L and the penetration depth, h in the indentation loading curve of the reference material can be correlated by L=Kh 2. Here the constant K is expressed by H, E r and indenter geometry constants. By using H and E r of a fused silica and the Berkovich geometry, an analytical expression for the indentation loading curve could be derived. To compare with this analytical loading curve, experimental indentation data were measured with two commercial nanoindenters. The experimental loading curves shifted leftward or rightward from the analytical loading curve and this depth deviation was attributed to improper calibration of the nanoindenters. Quantitative calibrations of frame compliance and indenter bluntness were tried for the raw nanoindentation data and this resulted in consistent nanoindentation data regardless of the used nanoindenters
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.