Extraction Method for Substrate-Related Components of Vertical Junctionless Silicon Nanowire Field-Effect Transistors and Its Verification on Radio Frequency Characteristics
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Extraction Method for Substrate-Related Components of Vertical Junctionless Silicon Nanowire Field-Effect Transistors and Its Verification on Radio Frequency Characteristics
- Shin, Sunhae; Kang, In Man; Kim, Kyung Rok
- 100 GHz; 3D device simulation; Circuit simulators; Device simulations; Extraction method; Gate input; Junctionless; Parameter-extraction method; Quasi-static; Radio frequencies; Radio frequency characteristics; RF performance; Silicon nanowire field-effect transistors; Silicon nanowires; Simulation program with integrated circuit emphasis; Substrate resistance; Transport time; Y-parameters
- Issue Date
- JAPAN SOC APPLIED PHYSICS
- JAPANESE JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.51, no.6, pp.1 - 7
- In this paper, we propose a radio-frequency (RF) model and parameter extraction method for vertical junctionless silicon nanowire (VJL SNW) field-effect transistors (FETs) using three-dimensional (3D) device simulation. We introduce the substrate-related components such as the substrate resistance (R-sub) and drain-to-substrate capacitance (C-sub), and evaluate the RF performance such as f(t), f(max), gate input capacitance, and transport time delay. A quasi-static (QS) RF model has been used in simulation program with integrated circuit emphasis (SPICE) circuit simulator to simulate VJL SNW FETs with RF parameters extracted from 3D device simulated Y-parameters. We confirmed the validity of our RF model by the well-matched results between HSPICE and 3D device simulation in terms of the Y-parameters and the S-22-parameter up to 100 GHz.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.