Direct preparation of highly ordered L1(0) phase FePt nanoparticles and their shape-assisted assembly
Cited 12 times inCited 0 times in
- Direct preparation of highly ordered L1(0) phase FePt nanoparticles and their shape-assisted assembly
- Wang, Jian-Ping; Qiu, Jiao-Ming; Taton, T. A.; Kim, Byeong-Su
- biomagnetic; direct ordering; FePt; heat assisted recording media; L1(0) phase; magnetic particles; medicine; nanoparticle; patterned media; self-assembly; shape-assisted; SOMA; tilted media
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, v.42, no.10, pp.3042 - 3047
- Chemically ordered L1(0) phase FePt nanoparticles has been considered one of the best candidates for future magnetic recording media with areal density beyond 1 Tbit/in(2). However, current preparation methods via phase transformation must overcome many obstacles, including particle agglomeration, twinning and difficulty of easy axis alignment. In this paper, the direct preparation of L1(0) phase FePt nanoparticles without phase transformation and particles' aqueous phase self-assembly are reported. The mechanism for L1(0) phase formation during nucleation and growth processes are discussed. The unique octahedron shape makes these highly ordered FePt nanoparticles even better choice for advanced magnetic recording media because they tend to form tilted and patterned media simultaneously due to the shape effect.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.