Indirect Contact Probing Method for Characterizing Vertical Interconnections in Electronic Packaging
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Indirect Contact Probing Method for Characterizing Vertical Interconnections in Electronic Packaging
- Jeong, Jongwoo; Kim, Jingook; Kang, No-Weon; Han, Ki Jin
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE MICROWAVE AND WIRELESS COMPONENTS LETTERS, v.25, no.1, pp.70 - 72
- This letter proposes a new indirect contact probing method to characterize vertical interconnections without contact damage. At the first step of the proposed technique, multiple one-port calibration measurements should be performed to characterize the contactor layer between the probe pads and the device-under-tests (DUTs). The characteristics of the actual vias as the DUTs are then extracted from indirect-contact measurements by de-embedding the contactor layer. In simulations and experiments at frequencies range from 2.5 to 18 GHz, we have verified via defects can be successfully identified from the indirect-contact measurements.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.