Magnet-in-the-Semiconductor Nanomaterials: High Electron Mobility in All-Inorganic Arrays of FePt/CdSe and FePt/CdS Core-Shell Heterostructures
Cited 8 times inCited 0 times in
- Magnet-in-the-Semiconductor Nanomaterials: High Electron Mobility in All-Inorganic Arrays of FePt/CdSe and FePt/CdS Core-Shell Heterostructures
- Son, Jae Sung; Lee, Jong-Soo; Shevchenko, Elena V.; Talapin, Dmitri V.
- CdSe; core-shell nanostructures; FePt; field-effect transistor; magnetoresistance
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.4, no.11, pp.1918 - 1923
- We report a colloidal synthesis and electrical and magnetotransport properties of multifunctional "magnet-in-the-semiconductor" nanostructures composed of FePt core and CdSe or CdS shell. Thin films of all inorganic FePt/CdSe and FePt/CdS core-shell nanostructures capped with In2Se42- molecular chalcogenide (MCC) ligands exhibited n-type charge transport with high field-effect electron mobility of 34 and 0.02 cm(2)/V.s, respectively. These nanostructures also showed a negative magnetoresistance characteristic for spin-dependent tunneling. We discuss the mechanism of charge transport and gating in the arrays of metal/semiconductor core-shell nanostructures.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.