Molecular lens of the nonresonant dipole force
Cited 39 times inCited 45 times in
- Molecular lens of the nonresonant dipole force
- Zhao, Bum Suk; Chung, HS; Cho, K; Lee, SH; Hwang, S; Yu, J; Ahn, YH; Sohn, JY; Kim, DS; Kang, WK; Chung, DS
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.85, no.13, pp.2705 - 2708
- A cylindrical molecular lens is formed by focusing a nanosecond IR laser pulse. Trajectories of a CS2 molecular beam deflected by the lens are traced using the velocity map imaging technique. The characteristic lens parameters including the focal length, minimum beam width, and distance to the minimum-width position are determined. The laser intensity dependence of the parameters is in good agreement with theoretical predictions. Exciting possibilities for molecular optics and a new type of optical chromatography are opened up.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.