Separations based on the mechanical forces of light
Cited 27 times inCited 25 times in
- Separations based on the mechanical forces of light
- Zhao, Bum Suk; Koo, YM; Chung, DS
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA, v.556, no.1, pp.97 - 103
- A photon as a particle has an energy and a momentum. In a matter-photon interaction, the matter and photons may exchange their momenta observing the momentum conservation law. The consequence of the momentum transfer from a photon to a matter particle is a mechanical force exerted on the particle. Several separation methods based on this force of light are reviewed. Photophoresis separations for micron-sized particles and optical force chromatography for chemical-sized molecules are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.