Focusing a helium atom beam using a quantum-reflection mirror
Cited 6 times inCited 4 times in
- Focusing a helium atom beam using a quantum-reflection mirror
- Schewe, H. Christian; Zhao, Bum Suk; Meijer, Gerard; Schoellkopf, Wieland
- A-thermal; Elliptical mirrors; Grazing incidence; Helium atom; Kirkpatrick-Baez; Micro-probes; Quantum reflection; Reflection mirrors; Spherical aberrations
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NEW JOURNAL OF PHYSICS, v.11, no., pp. -
- We demonstrate one-dimensional ( 1 D) focusing of a thermal helium atom beam by quantum reflection from a cylindrical concave quartz mirror at near-grazing incidence. The smallest width of the focus achieved is 1.8 μm, essentially limited by spherical aberration. The various effects that contribute to the finite focal width have been investigated. We propose to apply near-grazing reflection from two concave elliptical mirrors in a Kirkpatrick-Baez arrangement for two-dimensional (2D) focusing of a helium atom beam, paving the way for a helium atom microprobe.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.