Emerging beam effects in out-of-plane grating diffraction of He atom beams
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Emerging beam effects in out-of-plane grating diffraction of He atom beams
- Zhao, Bum Suk; Meijer, Gerard; Schoellkopf, Wieland
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NEW JOURNAL OF PHYSICS, v.13
- We report on emerging beam resonances appearing in diffraction patterns of a helium atom beam reflected at grazing incidence from a grating. The plane ruled grating is mounted in an out-of-plane diffraction configuration. We present the measured angular diffraction patterns as a function of the atom's energy change along the grating normal. This presentation allows us to readily trace back the peak positions and widths to the geometry of the out-of-plane diffraction configuration. In the diffraction patterns, an interference effect due to emerging beam resonances is found to progress side by side with a new emerging diffraction beam.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.