Time- and frequency-resolved photoionisation of the allyl radical
Cited 28 times inCited 10 times in
- Time- and frequency-resolved photoionisation of the allyl radical
- Schultz, Thomas; Clarke, JS; Gilbert, T; Deyerl, HJ; Fischer, I
- IONIZATION PHOTOELECTRON-SPECTROSCOPY; ULTRAFAST INTERNAL-CONVERSION; MULTIPHOTON IONIZATION; PHOTODISSOCIATION DYNAMICS; PICOSECOND TIME; EXCITED-STATE; ANGULAR-DISTRIBUTIONS; ELECTRONIC-SPECTRUM; ULTRAVIOLET BANDS; RYDBERG STATES
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- FARADAY DISCUSSIONS, v.115, no., pp.17 - 31
- We report picosecond time-resolved pump-probe photoelectron spectra of the allyl radical, C3H5, and the fully deuterated allyl, C3D5, carried out in order to elucidate the primary photophysical processes upon UV excitation. It is shown that the UV bands of allyl decay in a two-step process: the first step is an internal conversion to the lower-lying A-state within 20 ps or less, while the second step is a very fast decay from the A-state to the electronic ground state through a conical intersection. In addition we report the first zero kinetic energy (ZEKE) photoelectron spectrum of allyl, yielding an ionisation energy of 65762 cm(-1).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.