Strong magnetoelastic effect on the magnetoelectric phenomena of TbMn2O5
Cited 3 times inCited 1 times in
- Strong magnetoelastic effect on the magnetoelectric phenomena of TbMn2O5
- Oh, Yoon Seok; Jeon, Byung-Gu; Haam, S. Y.; Park, S.; Correa, V. F.; Lacerda, A. H.; Cheong, S. -W.; Jeon, Gun Sang; Kim, Kee Hoon
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.83, no.6, pp.060405
- Comparative studies of magnetoelectric susceptibility (α), magnetization (M), and magnetostriction (u) in TbMn2O5 reveal that the increment of M owing to the field-induced Tb3+ spin alignment produces a field-asymmetric line shape in the α(H) curve, which is conspicuous in a low-temperature incommensurate phase but persistently subsists in the entire ferroelectric phase. Correlations among electric polarization, u, and M2 variation represent linear relationships, unambiguously showing the significant role of Tb magnetoelastic effects on the low-field magnetoelectric phenomena of TbMn2O5. An effective free energy capturing the observed experimental features is also suggested.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.