Charge-Orbital Density Wave and Superconductivity in the Strong Spin-Orbit Coupled IrTe2:Pd
Cited 49 times inCited 37 times in
- Charge-Orbital Density Wave and Superconductivity in the Strong Spin-Orbit Coupled IrTe2:Pd
- Yang, J. J.; Choi, Y. J.; Oh, Yoon Seok; Hogan, A.; Horibe, Y.; Kim, K.; Min, B. I.; Cheong, S-W.
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.108, no.11
- Using transmission electron microscopy, the anomalies in resistivity and magnetic susceptibility at ∼262K in IrTe 2 are found to accompany the superlattice peaks with q=(1/5,0,-1/5). The wave vector is consistent with our theoretical calculation for the Fermi surface nesting vector, indicating that the ∼262K transition is of the charge-orbital density wave (DW) type. We also discovered that both Pd intercalation and substitution induce bulk superconductivity with T c up to ∼3K, which competes with DW in a quantum critical pointlike manner.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.