Nonlinear modeling parameters of RC coupling beams in a coupled wall system
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Nonlinear modeling parameters of RC coupling beams in a coupled wall system
- Gwon, Seongwoo; Shin, Myoungsu; Benjamin Pimentel; Lee, Deokjung
- Issue Date
- EARTHQUAKES AND STRUCTURES, v.7, no.5, pp.817 - 842
- ASCE/SEI 41-13 provides modeling parameters and numerical acceptance criteria for various types of members that are useful for evaluating the seismic performance of reinforced concrete (RC) building structures. To accurately evaluate the global performance of a coupled wall system, it is crucial to first properly define the component behaviors (i.e., force-displacement relationships of shear walls and coupling beams). However, only a few studies have investigated on the modeling of RC coupling beams subjected to earthquake loading to date. The main objective of this study is to assess the reliability of ASCE 41-13 modeling parameters specified for RC coupling beams with various design details, based on a database compiling almost all coupling beam tests available worldwide. Several recently developed coupling beam models are also reviewed. Finally, a rational method is proposed for determining the chord yield rotation of RC coupling beams.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.