Wi-Fi could be much more
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Wi-Fi could be much more
- Sun, Weiping; Lee, Okhwan; Shin, Yeonchul; Kim, Seongwon; Yang, Changmok; Kim, Hyoil; Choi, Sunghyun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE, v.52, no.11, pp.22 - 29
- Wi-Fi has become an essential wireless technology in our daily lives, although the original intention of its introduction was to replace Ethernet cable. In this article, we outline the most remarkable features introduced during its ongoing technological evolution in terms of three major directions: throughput enhancement, longrange extension, and greater ease of use. By stitching these advanced features together, we also envision a promising future that Wi-Fi technology will bring us in terms of spectrum heterogeneity, seamless service provisioning, and possible relations with cellular networks
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.