Control of Interfacial Layers for High-Performance Porous Si Lithium-Ion Battery Anode
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Control of Interfacial Layers for High-Performance Porous Si Lithium-Ion Battery Anode
- Park, Hyungmin; Lee, Sungjun; Yoo, Seungmin; Shin, Myoungsoo; Kim, Jieun; Chun, Myungjin; Choi, Nam-Soon; Park, Soojin
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.6, no.18, pp.16360 - 16367
- We demonstrate a facile synthesis of micrometer-sized porous Si particles via copper-assisted chemical etching process. Subsequently, metal and/or metal silicide layers are introduced on the surface of porous Si particles using a simple chemical reduction process. Macroporous Si and metal/metal silicide-coated Si electrodes exhibit a high initial Coulombic efficiency of similar to 90%. Reversible capacity of carbon-coated porous Si gradually decays after 80 cycles, while metal/metal silicide-coated porous Si electrodes show significantly improved cycling performance even after 100 cycles with a reversible capacity of >1500 mAh g(-1). We confirm that a stable solid-electrolyte interface layer is formed on metal/metal silicide-coated porous Si electrodes during cycling, leading to a highly stable cycling performance.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.