Effect of Compatibilizer on Morphology, Thermal, and Rheological Properties of Polypropylene/Functionalized Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Composite
Cited 16 times inCited 18 times in
- Effect of Compatibilizer on Morphology, Thermal, and Rheological Properties of Polypropylene/Functionalized Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Composite
- Jin, Sang Hyun; Kang, Chang Heon; Yoon, Kwan Ha; Bang, Dae Suk; Park, Young-Bin
- Compatibilization; Morphology; Nanocomposites; Polypropylene; Rheology
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED POLYMER SCIENCE, v.11, no.2, pp.1028 - 1033
- Multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) filled polypropylene (PP) composites were prepared by a corotating intermeshing twin screw extruder. To improve the dispersion of MWCNTs, the surface of MWCNT was modified with 1,10-diaminodecane, and maleic anhydride grafted polypropylene (MA-g-PP) was used as a compatibilizer. Micrographs of well dispersed functionalized MWCNTs (diamine-MWCNT) were observed due to the reaction between MA-g-PP and diamine-MWCNT in PP/ MA-g-PP/diamine-MWCNTs composites. The different behaviors in crystallization and melting temperatures of PP/ MA-g-PP/diamine-MWCNTs composite were observed compared to PP and PP/neat-MWCNT. Especially, the decomposition temperature of the composite was increased by 50°C compared to PP. PP/MA-g-PP/diamine-MWCNTs composite snowed the highest complex viscosity.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.