DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM FOR INTEGRATED TUBE COMPONENTS
Cited 19 times inCited 0 times in
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM FOR INTEGRATED TUBE COMPONENTS
- KIM, SR; HAN, D; Bien, Zeungnam
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- MECHATRONICS, v.4, no.1, pp.1 - 23
- Color picture tube (CPT) is a major component of television sets and monitors. The manufacturing line of CPT includes an adjustment process for the integrated tube components (ITC). The adjustment process requires considerable expertise, and when operated manually, it is considered to be a bottleneck in view of the productivity of color picture tube manufacturing. This paper deals with the design of a multi-task- and multi-processor- based automatic adjustment system for color purity control in the ITC adjustment process. In this work, the color purity control system is regarded as a large-scale system with modeling uncertainties. Specifically, the control object is hierarchically decomposed into several subsystems using heuristic knowledge from the experts, and real time multi-level control algorithms are given based on analytic modeling and also on-line robust visual sensing algorithms are proposed to effectively classify several types of color picture tube conditions. Experimental results show that the proposed multi-level algorithms together with the proposed sensing algorithms are satisfactory and reliable for practical industrial use.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.