Monodisperse Al-3(LiScZr) core/shell precipitates in al alloys
Cited 20 times inCited 22 times in
- Monodisperse Al-3(LiScZr) core/shell precipitates in al alloys
- Radmilovic, V.; Tolley, A.; Marquis, E. A.; Rossell, M. D.; Lee, Zonghoon; Dahmen, U.
- Al alloy; Atom probe tomography (APT); Core/shell precipitates; Dispersion strengthening; Electron microscopy
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.58, no.7, pp.529 - 532
- We demonstrate a way of producing monodisperse Al3(LiScZr) core/shell inclusions using solid-state reactions. A uniform distribution of particles with a Li- and Sc-rich core surrounded by Li-rich shell a few nanometers thick with Zr segregating at the core/shell interface can be made reproducibly by exploiting kinetic and thermodynamic parameters. This approach to generating precipitate distributions can be applied to a range of alloys and could lead to new types of dispersion-strengthened materials.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.