Non-axisymmetric simulation of the vertical displacement event in tokamaks
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Non-axisymmetric simulation of the vertical displacement event in tokamaks
- Lim, YY; Lee, JK; Shin, KJ; Hur, Min Sup
- HIGHLY ELONGATED TOKAMAK; HALO CURRENTS; TEARING MODES; EXTERNAL KINK; STABILIZATION; STABILITY; PLASMAS
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- PLASMA PHYSICS AND CONTROLLED FUSION, v.41, no.4, pp.551 - 565
- Tokamak plasmas with highly elongated cross sections are subject to a vertical displacement event (VDE). The nonlinear magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) evolutions of tokamak plasmas during the VDE are simulated by a three-dimensional MHD code as a combination of N = 0 and N = 1 components. The nonlinear evolution during the VDE is strongly affected by the relative amplitude of the N = 1 to the N = 0 modes.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.