Ion-beam-driven instabilities in bounded dusty plasmas
Cited 4 times inCited 2 times in
- Ion-beam-driven instabilities in bounded dusty plasmas
- Hur, Min Sup; Lee, HJ; Lee, JK
- Chaos; Dusty plasma; Instability; Ion beam; Simulation
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE, v.27, no.5, pp.1449 - 1453
- The ion-beam dynamics is simulated for a bounded dusty plasma with the immobile dust particles. Since there is no dust motion, the growth of an instability is induced dominantly from the Pierce instability, but the beam motion is also greatly influenced by the Debye-shielding thermal electrons whose densities are determined from the Boltzmann relation. The analytic calculation of a dispersion relation shows the nonexistence of a uniform equilibrium which is confirmed by simulations. A perioddoubling route to chaos is observed and the various nonlinear oscillations are classified in view of a diagnostic parameter which is applied to many other beam systems.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.