Reaching the nonlinear regime of Raman amplification of ultrashort laser pulses
Cited 69 times inCited 59 times in
- Reaching the nonlinear regime of Raman amplification of ultrashort laser pulses
- Cheng, W; Avitzour, Y; Ping, Y; Suckewer, S; Fisch, NJ; Hur, Min Sup; Wurtele, JS
- Energy amplification; Raman amplification; Raman backscattering (RBS); Seed intensity
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.94, no.4, pp. -
- The intensity of a subpicosecond laser pulse was amplified by a factor of up to 1000 using the Raman backscatter interaction in a 2 mm long gas jet plasma. The process of Raman amplification reached the nonlinear regime, with the intensity of the amplified pulse exceeding that of the pump pulse by more than an order of magnitude. Features unique to the nonlinear regime such as gain saturation, bandwidth broadening, and pulse shortening were observed. Simulation and theory are in qualitative agreement with the measurements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.