Simulations of a Raman backward amplifier by using the parallelized averaged particle-in-cell model
Cited 10 times inCited 10 times in
- Simulations of a Raman backward amplifier by using the parallelized averaged particle-in-cell model
- Hur, Min Sup; Hwang, I; Suk, H
- Laser amplification; Plasma simulation; Plasma wave; Raman backscatter
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.47, no.4, pp.625 - 630
- A new version of the averaged particle-in-cell (aPIC) code has been developed to simulate the Raman backscatter (RBS) and the Raman backward laser amplification in plasmas. We observe in the aPIC simulations that the RBS coupling is weakened by the electron trapping, that is generated by wave-breaking, As a result, the amplification level is significantly reduced. In this paper, a physical interpretation of the trapping-induced RBS weakening is presented. In the numerical point of view, the new aPIC, which is a completely parallelized code, shows a parallelization efficiency that is notably improved from that of the semi-parallelized old aPIC.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.