Envelope-kinetic method for the simulation of Raman backward laser amplification in a plasma
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Envelope-kinetic method for the simulation of Raman backward laser amplification in a plasma
- Hur, Min Sup; Suk, Hyyong
- Laser amplification; Plasma simulation; Plasma wave; Raman backscatter
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.50, no.5, pp.1463 - 1465
- A new envelope-kinetic method for the simulation of Raman backscattering and laser amplification is presented. In the new scheme, the plasma wave envelope is obtained from the envelope-kinetic equation. For the self-consistent calculation of the kinetic term, a set of test particles is employed, and their motion is traced. The benchmark results of the new scheme against the averaged particle-in-cell (aPIC) show quite reasonable agreement while the computation speed increases by a factor of more than 10, depending on the parameters.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.