Highly efficient light-harvesting system based on a phosphorescent acceptor coupled with dendrimer donors via singlet-singlet and triplet-triplet energy transfer
Cited 58 times inCited 55 times in
- Highly efficient light-harvesting system based on a phosphorescent acceptor coupled with dendrimer donors via singlet-singlet and triplet-triplet energy transfer
- Kwon, Tae-Hyuk; Kim, Myoung Ki; Kwon, Jongchul; Shin, Dae-Yup; Park, Su Jin; Lee, Chang-Lyoul; Kim, Jang-Joo; Hong, Jong-In
- POLY(ARYL ETHER) DENDRIMERS; EMITTING-DIODES; ELECTRON-TRANSFER; PHOTOISOMERIZATION; POLYMERS; ELECTROLUMINESCENCE; CONVERSION; COMPLEXES; MOLECULES; DENDRONS
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.19, no.15, pp.3673 - 3680
- A series of efficient light-harvesting systems (FIr3mGx, x = 1-3) based on dendrimer donor (mCP: N,N′-dicarbazolyl-3,5-benzene) derivatives coupled with a sky blue phosphorescent acceptor (FIrpic: iridium(III) bis[(4,6-difluorophenyl)pyridinato-N,C2′]-3-hydroxypicolinate derivative) were prepared, and their photophysical properties were investigated. The light-harvesting ability of FIr3mGx (x = 1-3) increases with the number of energy donor mCP units. The acceptor PL intensity of the donor-acceptor conjugate dendrimers (FIr3mGx, x = 1-3) increases over 6 times with the number of mCP units via sensitization from the light-harvesting antenna after excitation at the donor absorption (λex = 310 nm), as compared to that of only an acceptor without a donor (FIrpic) upon excitation at the MLCT region (λex = 380 nm) because of efficient intramolecular singlet-singlet and triplet-triplet energy transfer from the donor to the acceptor and less luminance quenching induced by the bulky dendrimer structure. The singlet-singlet intramolecular energy transfer in FIr3mGx from the dendrimer donor to the acceptor exhibits a high efficiency of greater than 90% via the steady-state PL method and 94% via the transient PL method. Additionally, the triplet-triplet energy transfer efficiency via the transient PL method exhibits an efficiency greater than 99%. This indicates that FIr3mGx exhibits good light-harvesting abilities because the mCP unit is an efficient light absorber and because the core FIrpic functions as a spatial energy concentrator that drains energy from the dendrimer donor.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.