New envelope-kinetic scheme for the simulation of Raman backward laser amplification
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- New envelope-kinetic scheme for the simulation of Raman backward laser amplification
- Hur, Min Sup; Suk, Hyyong
- Envelope-kinetic equation; Laser-plasma; Raman baskscattering; Test particle method
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- COMPUTER PHYSICS COMMUNICATIONS, v.177, no.1-2, pp.68 - 69
- A new fast and accurate scheme is introduced to simulate the Raman backscattering of laser pulses in a plasma. In the proposed method, the envelope-kinetic equation of a plasma wave is solved along with conventional laser envelope equations. The kinetic term, which is the most noticeable feature of the envelope-kinetic plasma equation, can be self-consistently solved by employing some test particles. The benchmarkings of the new code against the averaged particle-in-cell results show quite a reasonable agreement, while the computation speed is enhanced by more than a factor of ten.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.