Supramolecular ordering of amide dendrons in lyotropic and thermotropic conditions
Cited 7 times inCited 7 times in
- Supramolecular ordering of amide dendrons in lyotropic and thermotropic conditions
- Jeon, Hye-Jin; Kang, Min Kwan; Park, Chiyoung; Kim, Kyoung Taek; Chang, Ji Young; Kim, Chulhee; Song, Hyun Hoon
- 2-DIRECTIONAL CASCADE MOLECULES; LIQUID-CRYSTALLINE PHASE; BLOCK-COPOLYMER; MICRODOMAIN STRUCTURES; STRUCTURAL-ANALYSIS; SELF-ORGANIZATION; DENDRIMERS; CHEMISTRY; SHAPE; TRANSITIONS
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.23, no.26, pp.13109 - 13116
- Self-assembled superstructures of amide dendrons, from first to third generation including monodendrons and covalently linked dimers, were extensively examined, and the supramolecular ordering processes in thermotropic and lyotropic conditions were compared. The superstructures as determined by X-ray diffraction and DSC revealed that the first and second generation dendrons showed nearly identical superstructures regardless of the assembly conditions. But, the third generation dendrons showed a more sensitive self-organizing behavior. The structure obtained from the gel state was lamellar with a more extended conformation, while the structure from the melt state revealed the columnar superstructures of contracted branches. The superstructure formed from the gel state also showed a structural change upon raising the temperature and assumed a structure similar to the thermotropically driven one, implying that the structure formed from the gel is thermodynamically unstable. The formation of lamellar- or cylinder-type superstructures from amide dendrons was primarily dependent on the shape of dendrons, which is associated with the branch size (generation) and the surrounding conditions.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.