Enhanced electron trapping by a static longitudinal magnetic field in laser wakefield acceleration
Cited 11 times inCited 12 times in
- Enhanced electron trapping by a static longitudinal magnetic field in laser wakefield acceleration
- Hur, Min Sup; Gupta, Devki Nandan; Suk, Hyyong
- Laser wakefield acceleration; Magnetic field; Particle-in-cell simulation
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- PHYSICS LETTERS A, v.372, no.15, pp.2684 - 2687
- An externally applied longitudinal magnetic field was found to enhance the particle trapping in the laser wakefield acceleration. When a static magnetic field of a few tens of tesla is applied in parallel with the propagation direction of a driving laser pulse, it is shown from two-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations that total charge of the trapped beam and its maximum energy increase. The analysis of electron trajectories strongly suggests that the enhanced trapping originates from the suppression of the transverse motion by the magnetic field. The enhanced trapping by the magnetic field was observed consistently for various values of the plasma density, the amplitude of the laser pulse and pulse spot size.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.