Conjugated polymer-based fluorescence turn-on sensor for nitric oxide
Cited 84 times inCited 87 times in
- Conjugated polymer-based fluorescence turn-on sensor for nitric oxide
- Smith, RC; Tennyson, AG; Lim, Mi Hee; Lippard, SJ
- S-NITROSOTHIOLS; AQUEOUS-SOLUTION; NERVOUS-SYSTEM; NOBEL LECTURE; DECOMPOSITION; REDUCTION; MECHANISM; COMPLEX; BIOLOGY; DESIGN
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANIC LETTERS, v.7, no.16, pp.3573 - 3575
- (Chemical Equation Presented) A turn-on fluorescent sensor for NO (g) in solution was synthesized using a bipyridyl-substituted poly(p-phenylene vinylene) derivative (CP1) as the sensory scaffold. The action of NO (g) upon the CP1-Cu(II) complex reduces it to the CP1-Cu(I) complex with a concomitant 2.8-fold increase in emission intensity. The reagent is selective for NO (g) versus other biological reactive nitrogen species, except for nitroxyl, and has a detection sensitivity limit of 6.3 nM.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.